Discuss Can anyone point me towards a complete installation method table in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Edtwozeronine

-
Arms
Reaction score
I have one in the OSG and I have the BSI IET (size of a yellow pages) regs book. I found this too:
http://www.tisoft.com/en/support/he...a2-schedule-of-installation-methods-of-cables

I've chosen A for air tight conduits in the concrete wall of a swimming pool, E/F for the lights above the swimming pool since I assume my suspended lights will have the cables on tray and I'm not sure what to go with for the changing room lights.

100 and 101 seem to say the same thing but have different values, should it be one of those two?

Any and all help much appreciated.

The most complete table is in BS7671 appendix four section 7 tables 4A1 and 4A2.
100 is for cable covered by 100mm or less of insulation, 101 is for cables covered by >100mm of insulation.
E/F would be applicable for perforated tray but not solid tray.
You would have to describe how the cable is planned to be installed to allow a response about the installation method classification.

Reply to Can anyone point me towards a complete installation method table in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am interested in opinions on the following. Looking at GN3, page 126 the example of a Generic Schedule of test results lists the reference...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm currently doing C&G 2365 Level 3 I'm working through the 305 design assignment (Swimming pool, hotel etc.) Other then this assignment I...
Replies
Views
So I am a fully qualified spark with my own company, however I also have a few properties I rent out. One of my tenants asked if they can have an...
Replies
Views
Hi My 4 bed 2 storey house was extended 2 years ago and completely re-wired, but I am having to upgrade the insulation and board out the loft...
Replies
Views
So, I already have solar (an older FITS installation) and it's been particularly successful so I want to extend this. I'd like to do two things at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock