Discuss can anyone relate to this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Replaced a faulty dimmer switch to a market leading V-pro and the lights were fine. gu 10 dimmable lamps

Left the job client said there was buzzing, i returned with another dimmer switch designed for GU10 LED lamps, once again no buzzing when i left however the lady emailed me asking me to return as they are buzzing.

I returned with yet another dimmer and the lights where not buzzing before or after i changed dimmer and no buzzing.

I HAVE JUST GOT ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING THEY ARE BUZZING

Could there be an underlying issue with her cabling, although if that were the case they would flicker no?

or is this client just being strange with me as this only occurs when i am away?

Last edited:
Had a 'pita' client myself who said the dimmer was buzzing as Elsparko said 'they all do' - it was but only just - and this was in the shower room where the shower would drown the buzz easily. Ended up changing the 2 x 240v LED downlights for Knightsbridge 40v units with DC drivers - not much more than the JCCs and defo no buzz. She wants a CU change this year... I'm too busy!

I did have this once and it was the LED lamp buzzing. Tightened the holder and it stopped. Of course you could tell the client they have Tinnitus.

I actually had this once, got sent out as customer said there was buzzing from consumer unit. I was stood outside after half an hour of listening to the (silent) consumer unit and noticed the bees piling in the front of the house under the soffit. Result:bees nest
no doubt they asked if you would remove it, i had a bothy to rewire at a guest house when i first started, the loud buzz and copious amounts of bees in the loft meant i took my 2 weeks holiday over the period this job was booked in LOL

no doubt they asked if you would remove it, i had a bothy to rewire at a guest house when i first started, the loud buzz and copious amounts of bees in the loft meant i took my 2 weeks holiday over the period this job was booked in LOL

Quite right as well

All electronics give off a slight buzz, but it comes and go. Could be dimmer, could be any one of the lamps once they've been on a while.
Was there a TV in the room? If that was recently turned to standby, there might be a buzz from that?
You cant keep going back and forward with replacement dimmers.

I've got bad memories of problems dimming leds, I read a really informative article about the issues which can arise, I'll look it up and post it back shortly,

Reply to can anyone relate to this in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net