Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss can anyone suggest a UPS for a roller shutter in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. rmaynard

rmaynard Regular EF Member

as above, has been asked to quote and install a UPS device for a security shutter at my local doctors surgery. Problem they have is they are looked out if theres a power cut as there is no manual crank.

ideas please

2. beaver74

beaver74 Guest

I have had this and installed a computer backup unit which is rated for the load
    most shutters are worm drives so low current
    it wont run the system continuesly but not realy needed open in the morning shut at night

3. bugsy

bugsy Guest

Depends on supply required by shutter and how many operations required during power cut

4. rmaynard

rmaynard Regular EF Member

It will only be for opening then closing after the surgery is finished

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk