Discuss Can I do this to get on the FIT rate? Leeds Suppliers welcome to contact me. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

ibby

Right guys,

Heres the story,

Back ground :D

I have a semi detached property, which will be getting a hip to gable end conversion.
I am currently waiting afew different departments and the builders.
I dont want to miss out on the FIT tarriff and want to know if I can do the following,

What I would like is a 4KW install,

Have a system installed from a professional, but installed on my garage but only on one side.
It is only single so may only hold 5 solar panels.

Once the conversion is complete can I have the system moved onto the roof and expanded?
and still get the 21p FIT tarriff?

any Installers from leeds can message me :)

Please post into this thread as well.

Thanks

You would have to install it as a 5 panel but when you went to reinstall as 16 panel it would be classed as an extension and would then qualify for the tariff that is applicable at that system size and date of extension. I'm from Leeds but only do commercial speak to Gavin A - Leeds Solar he might have a good idea

best thing to do to get the 21p is get the panels on asap and get them registered, then get them taken off again and mess around with the hip roof

Hi - If i was you - install 16 panels to 3 sides on the HIP, get the MCS and then remove once the work starts and re-fit on the south facing aspect - im near leeds if you want me to call over at some point.

Hi - If i was you - install 16 panels to 3 sides on the HIP, get the MCS and then remove once the work starts and re-fit on the south facing aspect - im near leeds if you want me to call over at some point.
This.

although it's all a bit questionable, and we're currently in dispute with Ofgem on something else, so I need to keep my nose clean, so I'd suggest you work with Dansk on this as our prices are very similar anyway... even if he is really from one of them B towns to the west of Leeds and therefore not really eligible for this thread.

During the last rush we installed a 16 panel system on consoles in the garden !!!!! so we are now waiting on a call to go back and move from garden to roof once extension is built.

yep - all the brackets and most of the rails could be used again, its a bit dubious, but worse has happened - it may be the strange looks you get having panels on the north facing aspect - allbiet they will generate.

Dansk, im not a brummie pal. thats 12 miles away from me but im still closer to ibbys job lol they dont use bingley guys either in wakefield lol

Reply to Can I do this to get on the FIT rate? Leeds Suppliers welcome to contact me. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net