Discuss Can I get niceic registered? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Missing-spark

If I fail the 2395 but pass the 2394 will the niceic board still register me because all our work is upgrades and rewires the minimum work we do in a property is upgrade the consumer unit therefore no periodical are done.
I have 2382, 2356 level 3 electrical installation and 2394 will they take me? Of course assuming I pass their test they do

If you're talking about ''Approved Contractor'' registration probably not, if were talking about the so-called ''Domestic Installer'' registration Yes!! All you need for that fiasco of a grade is 2382.

On second thoughts, the standards have dropped so low these days, you may well be welcomed into the Approved contractor camp!!

So how come you have the periphery qualifications, but not the core 2330 level 3 qualification??

think he means 2365 which has replaced the 2330. ( if i've got the numbers correct. they change them more often than their underpants ).

think he means 2365 which has replaced the 2330. ( if i've got the numbers correct. they change them more often than their underpants ).

Well that would make more sense!! ..lol!!

I had to look each of those numbers up, totally lost on all these C&G numbers these days...

But it's also possible that he DOES mean 2356. According to a quick search, it's a level 3 NVQ; site based competency rather than knowledge based qualification.

But it's also possible that he DOES mean 2356. According to a quick search, it's a level 3 NVQ; site based competency rather than knowledge based qualification.

Which is a qualification that is meant to compliment a core qualification such as 2330/2365, rather than taken as an alternative...

The 2356 nvq level 3 electrical installation it's the on site qualification where you build up a portfolio. Didn't need to the the 2330 because of my experience. Spoke with nic they said I can be approved with what I have got I just need to pass there on site assessments as long as you can show a compentcy to inspection and testing but I am also fine to be a domestic installer

Which is a qualification that is meant to compliment a core qualification such as 2330/2365, rather than taken as an alternative...

If the 2356 is site based competency and/or online portfolio, then yes I agree it should be taken in addition to a core qualification. Perhaps the OP could clarify?

.......in answer to the original question

The 2382 seems to be the minimum suitable qualification for NICEIC scheme application. This applies both to Domestic Installer and Approved Contractor schemes.

Yes, 2394 & 2395 (one or both) would help to prove competency, but they will be assessing your competency during the site visit anyway.

I'm sure it's not unheard of for 2394 & 2395 (and old 2391) holders to fail their scheme assessment.

Conversely, there are probably some that have passed their scheme assessment but do not hold all or any of the inspection & testing quals.

And you can do EICR's (PIR's) without being scheme registered anyway.

Boils down to that buzzword 'COMPETENCY'. Good luck with the exam result and good luck with the NICEIC assessment.

.......in answer to the original question

The 2382 seems to be the minimum suitable qualification for NICEIC scheme application. This applies both to Domestic Installer and Approved Contractor schemes.

Just to add that the scheme providers seem more interested in the enrolment fees rather than the quals.

And you can do EICR's (PIR's) without being scheme registered anyway.

in theory maybe but rarely in practice im afraid, not being NIC/napit/ECA registered and try passing an eicr to most insurances, councils, estate agents etc, you may as well be passing them a section of toilet roll!

and apart from that lot, not many others even bother having eicrs done anyway

if you want to sit back comfortable in the knowledge you wont get knocked back from jobs or having people think your incompetent or refusing to recognise your eicr theres only one sure answer...............NICEIC Approved Contractor

only scheme that does anything in the slightest in return for the money you pay them

Reply to Can I get niceic registered? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net