Discuss Can I use a speed controller with this fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes, it can be controlled by varying the voltage. The speed controller needs to be suitable for a 'permanent split capacitor' motor drawing 1A. Motor noise may increase when using an electronic control, although it will not do so with an autotransformer.

The ebm-papst Ree50. I have tried to post a link but it won't have it. This is a 5A controller and they also do a 1A the Ree10 but I would opt for a bit more. Start the fan at 100% before you reduce the speed.

Reply to Can I use a speed controller with this fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, I have a ceiling exhaust fan that i want to know if I can have an electrician put something inline to increase the speed as I feel its...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry if this isn't in the right place but this is my first time using this forum. I'm also sorry if i make some mistakes but I'm new to this...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Got a head scratcher for wiring a fan with a speed control with a run on timer on site today. I, and two spark could not get it...
Replies
Views
Hello, I currently have two switches in my bathroom. One controls the lights above the sink and the other controls a light above the toilet and...
Replies
Views
hello, i have a central AC Fan Coil with a 3 speed motor within my Condominium. I run the fan of low but find it blows too much air and produces...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock