Discuss Can I use domestic part p certificates in Scotland? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've been given a couple of fluke domestic part p certificate books. I know that part p applies to England and Wales building regs but I was wondering if I could still use these types of certificates in Scotland

I'm sure Part P doesn't apply in Scotland (A Scottish spark will no doubt confirm this on here) so you have no need to notify anyone, but you still have to issue MWC or EIC depending on the scope of your work you have carried out. See above

Last edited:
Part Peeeeeeeeeeeeeee just does not exist up and never will plus we don't have the Electrical Trainee either as the majority is put through the SJIB plus you don't have to be a member of a scheme as you can submit certification through by enquiry that means you submit certs ,tester calibration certs and a front and back copy of your SJIB card plus employer prefer to see "Recognised Apprenticeship" on it.

The only probs is that some people try to impose English laws up here along with the sheds and kitchen fitting companies who have been caught out because when they have checked certs with a scheme number on it fine its not until they ask for SJIB cards and calibration certs for testers they have problems.

Reply to Can I use domestic part p certificates in Scotland? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Not sure whether this is the right context or even forum to mention this, but I’ve recently been offering out myself to a friend to help get his...
Replies
Views
Hi, Wickes have just finished installing a pump under the bath. The socket is next to the pump but it is unaccessible due to a sealed bath panel...
Replies
Views
Hello, Signing up with my current electricity supplier for export after recent solar install. They stated they require a commissioning certificate...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I just wanted to see if electrical improvers/adult trainees with appropriate levels of experience and who hold testing...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock