Discuss can it be done , or bite the bullet and buy new stat ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

stidge

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all. Worcester green star boiler with plug in timer/stat fitted. u floor zone added so plumber has installed 2 x 2port valves. My question is can I add the 2 valves and still use the pre fitted wireless stat or do I need ( as I think) to remove the plug in and fit a separate wireless stat for heating and obviously another stat for ufloor . looking at the terminals I don't think it can be done.
anyone have any experience of this or advice please ?

Hi all. Worcester green star boiler with plug in timer/stat fitted. u floor zone added so plumber has installed 2 x 2port valves. My question is can I add the 2 valves and still use the pre fitted wireless stat or do I need ( as I think) to remove the plug in and fit a separate wireless stat for heating and obviously another stat for ufloor . looking at the terminals I don't think it can be done.
anyone have any experience of this or advice please ?
The underfloor will need a new stat, it will need to be wired where the stat is controlled by the boiler when the boiler is working from the original stat, it is not going to be able to control the boiler with the existing stat in, it will only work if it is wired parellel with the existing stat, not sure that is easily possible with the original stat which is in the front of the boiler. If the original stat was connected to the boiler and remote it would be easily done.

wire it like any normal s plan but remove the onboard timer / stat as that will only run one zone also dont forget to pull the link out

but to do the above works depending on what Worcester boiler your going to need a gas safe engy with you

So your plumber has added the 2 x 2 port valves to control the current heating and the under floor heating. Your problem will be how do you control the valve for the current heating. You will need a feed to power the valve and a switch live to the valve to tell it to open. This would have to come from the plug in timer/stat. I wolud be tempted to put a programmable stat in (could be wireless if you wanted) to control current heating, and a control centre to wire everything to including the boiler

Thought as much mate , I will remove plug in and fit two separate stats for the two valves ! Cheers
that will work, just parallel up the switch wires

So your plumber has added the 2 x 2 port valves to control the current heating and the under floor heating. Your problem will be how do you control the valve for the current heating. You will need a feed to power the valve and a switch live to the valve to tell it to open. This would have to come from the plug in timer/stat. I wolud be tempted to put a programmable stat in (could be wireless if you wanted) to control current heating, and a control centre to wire everything to including the boiler
Thanks

Thanks

Are the 2 valves in close proximity to the Combi Boiler?

If they are add a little wiring centre, and get 2 RF Programmable Stats (EPH Combi Pack 4's are very good). As it's a Worcester boiler be sure to use the LS, LR, NS terminals to go to the wiring centre.

Reply to can it be done , or bite the bullet and buy new stat ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net