Discuss Can some body confirm my 3 phase PV design? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

saint

-
Reaction score
Hi so i want to install the following over a three phase supply.

South roof - 35 degree pitch.
14x Renesola Virtus 2 250W.
One string (???)

East Roof - 35 degree pitch.
8x Renesola Virtus 2 250W
One string

Total of 5.5kW.

Inverter is to be SMA Sunny Tripower 5000TL-20
G59 installation with DNO approval.

I think this is ok but my PVSOL states 'please check the system parameters! Further calculation possible. Please observe and design recommendations made by the manufacturer.' But i'm not sure where to go from here. I think it might be showing this due to the inverter being 3phase.

Any help appreciated...

thanks

Just quickly checked via Sunny design (you can download it for free from SMAs website), and that all looks ok. one string each orientation as you suggested.

Also someone correct me if wrong but if you are using a three phase inverter wouldn't that 5.5kwp come under G83/2 (as you would be splitting equally over the three phases, hence well under 3.68kwp per phase and as there are no parallel strings into one input also comfortably under the 16 Amps per phase).

Would you not be better just keeping it <4KW and doing it on a G83 anyways. Just do the South Roof. Better FIT return probably. Your design regardind panel arrays seems ok. Max VOC on that inverter is 1000v so 14 in series (one string) is fine (523.6V, assuming JC250M Panels).

Just quickly checked via Sunny design (you can download it for free from SMAs website), and that all looks ok. one string each orientation as you suggested.

Also someone correct me if wrong but if you are using a three phase inverter wouldn't that 5.5kwp come under G83/2 (as you would be splitting equally over the three phases, hence well under 3.68kwp per phase and as there are no parallel strings into one input also comfortably under the 16 Amps per phase).

Missed that completely. You are dead right Tuck. 16A per phase under G83. You would only require G59 if going over 16A on a single phase.

Thanks guys... there is no more room on the south for more panels. I should perhaps added that this is part of a 13.5kW system. The 5.5kW as above and also 8kW on the West using SMA 8000TL Tripower. So over 3.68/ phase.

Wouldn't necessarily used SMA but they have inverters to fit the design.

Reply to Can some body confirm my 3 phase PV design? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net