Discuss Can someone guide me in the right direction? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

Validis

I have worked in the trade for 4 years now. I put myself through college and gained my C&G Level 2 & 3 (2330) 3 years ago. I got myself the 'basic' cscs card, just to allow me on site. Since then I have just wanted to gain more and more experience so didnt pursue any other qualifications. I have been self employed for 2 years, and pretty much make a good impression on all the companies I've worked for. However, I feel its time to progress, status wise.

However, the more I search for what qualification I for for next, the more confused I become. It seems like everybody is telling me different in what I need to do next.

Some people say I NEED to get my NVQ.

Some people say I just need to book an AM2 exam?

Some people say I just need to book the 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (10 week course, 1 evening a week)

Some people say I need my Inspection and Testing before my 17th edition,

Some people say I only need the Inspection and Testing after my 17th (and that its optional???)

I'm just left really confused on what I do next, and when I search online, it seems that they have changed the way the courses work now (Diploma based, etc?), which doesnt help me understand any easier!

Thanks

the 17th you will need first. then the 2394/5.

If your doing site work for companies/agencies and you want Electrician rates of pay you will have to do the NVQ Level 3 (2356) and 17th Edition (2382) to get a JIB gold card. Hope this clears things up for you.

Nvq and 17th first. AM2 just states to an employers you are capable of passing practical exams. After all that then go in for the test and inspect.

Reply to Can someone guide me in the right direction? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net