Discuss can u name these earthing arrangements from domestic properties??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electrophile007

hi folks can you please help with identifying these earthing arrangements?
thanks ;) image 1

image2.JPG2
image3.JPG3 image4.JPG4image5.JPG5image6.JPG5b
note image 5 b is the c/u for MEA 5 is this safe with no RCD???

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 326
Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you start by telling us what ''YOU'' think are the earthing arrangements to these photo's?? Though how you expect to determine the earthing arrangement from looking at the internals of CU's is another matter altogether!!

The images which actually include the head appear to probably be a TN arrangement of some sort.

Can't really say much more without a bit more information!

1 = No earth although it has a PME head. The gas pipe is to close to switch gear, may need to sort that one out.

2 = PME but badly done.

3 = Cant tell.

4 = PME with really bad painting.

5 = It's a CU?

hi folks can you please help with identifying these earthing arrangements?
thanks ;) image 1

View attachment 285102
View attachment 285113 View attachment 285124View attachment 285135View attachment 285145b
note image 5 b is the c/u for MEA 5 is this safe with no RCD???
28509d1426977153-can-u-name-these-earthing-arrangements-image1.jpg

BYPASS, report ASAP.

Im not sure as to the arrangements.
image 2 gave a ZE of 123 ohms and IPF 1.66KA so im thinking TT
image 3 gave ZE 0.25 Ohms IPF 1.97 KA and ISC 1.46KA so im thinking PME
image 4 ZE 190 Ohms and IPF 128KA so im thinking TT again
image 5 and 6 are the same location ( newbuild block of flats about 10 years old ZE 0.25 Ohms IPF 0.905KA ISC1.36 KA so im thinking PME however there is no RCD at the C/U would this be unsatisfactory if a EIC report was done???
thanks for all your input by the way folks ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because there's a PME head there it doesn't mean the link is there mate. I though TT because there's no cable going to it

Just because there's a PME head there it doesn't mean the link is there mate. I though TT because there's no cable going to it

Apart from the grey one I wouldn't have said they were PME heads, the black ones with added earth terminal are normally found on split con TNS supplies around here.

I'm pretty sure the DNO would not have fitted the earth terminal if they weren't providing an earth.

Apart from the grey one I wouldn't have said they were PME heads, the black ones with added earth terminal are normally found on split con TNS supplies around here.

I'm pretty sure the DNO would not have fitted the earth terminal if they weren't providing an earth.

This is how my flat is supplied. Although it is fed the main incomer in the basement which is TP&N, PME.

Reply to can u name these earthing arrangements from domestic properties??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net