Discuss Can you fit australian sockets on Uk wiring? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have told them im not prepared to put my name to a certificate after installing australian sockets... i have suggested extension leads but am waiting to hear back...
Can't see how anyone could possibly raising an Electrical certificate using equipment that isn't covered by BS7671 just not acceptable in my book.

it's the australian unshuttered sockets that concern me. all sorts of snakes and funnel web spiders could get out and cause havoc.
Could you imagine house bashing in Australia.. you'd think twice about putting your hand in and trying to pull a cable through... who knows what might bite you! When in Melbourne on holiday we were shocked at the number of spiders on the house walls in the mornings... potential death was never more than a step away! If god really did create the world he must have had a bad day when he got to australia..

Perhaps that's why we used to send naughty people there years ago???

Out of habit I still bang my shoes together before putting them on, as spiders have been known to move in overnight. Here I've only found a poor scared field mouse hiding from the cat :) .

Reply to Can you fit australian sockets on Uk wiring? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, just hoping for a bit of advice. When I travel abroad (Europe, predominantly Spain/Cyprus) I usually take a single travel adaptor and a UK 4...
Replies
Views
Hi, This post is about my concerns with medical IT socket outlets and want to alert you all if you are fitting them in a hospital. The current...
Replies
Views
I purchased a new-build apartment 10 years ago, which came with a fitted oven and microwave. Both appliances are described by the manufacturer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
So here is the thing Rhere is an old MEMSHIELD TPN+E Board that is pretty mich obsolete. The only place that sells their breakers would be Ebay...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock