Discuss can you have two separate circuits in one box junction box ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

As the title states : can you have two separate circuits in one box junction box ?
well lets put it this way----------how would you extend the circuits to a distribution board if it needed to be moved 2 ft away from it's current position and none of the existing cabling would reach?

well lets put it this way----------how would you extend the circuits to a distribution board if it needed to be moved 2 ft away from it's current position and none of the existing cabling would reach?
That's different IMHO 2 ft away is very different to being remote from the CU

A former supervisor of mine once told us not to wire two seperate lighting circuits into a multi gang switch, as there was the potential for 400v there.
Fine, but it was a single phase installation! he was adamant in what he was saying was right !!!

A former supervisor of mine once told us not to wire two seperate lighting circuits into a multi gang switch, as there was the potential for 400v there.
Fine, but it was a single phase installation! he was adamant in what he was saying was right !!!
That old wives tale again, a label on the switch sorts that out providing of course the switch is sufficient as in a barrier between phases, I must admit I do not care for 3 phases in switches either.

How does he cope with 3 phase DBs then?

Nothing wrong with that.

Technically only label complying with 514.11.1 is needed but most people follow good practice and fit a 400v label ( although it is not required )

That old wives tale again, a label on the switch sorts that out providing of course the switch is sufficient as in a barrier between phases, I must admit I do not care for 3 phases in switches either.

I have done it a few times but would rather put 2 2 gang grids in that a 4 gang 400v.

To the OP what exactly do you mean when you say junction box? Cause to me that's a small brown thing!

Reply to can you have two separate circuits in one box junction box ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net