Discuss Can you spot the issue with this consumer unit!? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Actually it may not be a mistake may be by design but would be interested to hear people’s views!?

Don't know if this is the issue you are referring to, but I recently installed a stacked board, and felt uncomfortable relying on the connections from the two earth bars via the casing, to provide an earth between them. I decided to add a 16mm earthing conductor between the two.

Agree @SJD - no visible connection between the 2 earth bars just doesn't feel right. And as Doc says, there could be a Big Bang from the top RCD (?).

Is there a missing neutral bar link in the top board ?
no. but it does look a bit brown.

the biggest issue is the grey insulation tape on the unused bit of the busbat. it should be brown to comply with harminosed colours.

What joins to to boards together as other as said should there not be a link between the two earth bars. It looked at first that the bus bar on the top board link the live and neutral of the RCD together but I think its just the black cover of the bus bar over the terminals .

Busbar connected to both live and neutral

That is just the plastic cover which is pushed in front of the neutral, my issue was the lack of earth connection between the two boards even though they had metal glands between them, my tester was not happy on loop tests until I put in a connection from one to the other.

Busbar connected to both live and neutral

That is just the plastic cover which is pushed in front of the neutral, my issue was the lack of earth connection between the two boards even though they had metal glands between them, my tester was not happy on loop tests until I put in a connection from one to the other.

I don't fit MK but don't those stacking boards come with a 10.0 to link the earth bars.

Reply to Can you spot the issue with this consumer unit!? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock