Discuss Can you take 2 phases to a consumer unit? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Assuming it’s correctly labelled I see no reason why not. 1, 2 or 3 phases are all under 1000v, and the main switch itself is rated at 400v. Proteus used to make a 3 phase busbar for their single phase fuse boards so they could be used for that purpose, I assume it’s still available.
I think so did/do Hager.

What exactly is a domestic installer, it sound like an inexperienced electrician? Is it like having P plates on your car after passing a driving test
There is not such a thing as a domestic installer there are electricians who do domestic electrical installation work and self-certify by joining a C.P.S. The NICEIC call their's D.I. and A.C. we are falling into the trap of calling a vacuum cleaner a Hover.

My goodness...this was a yomp...like the Star Wars series...i just don't care who's running the death star,at this point...

It does not require a 400v notice as the nominal voltage does not exceed 230v.

I disagree, there is 400V between the phases and it should be labelled as such.

What do the final circuits supply from the two phases, is there any possibility of a user bridging the 2 at e.g. sockets on a bench, and being exposed to 400V?

There is not such a thing as a domestic installer there are electricians who do domestic electrical installation work and self-certify by joining a C.P.S. The NICEIC call their's D.I. and A.C. we are falling into the trap of calling a vacuum cleaner a Hover.
In that case Ant, why do scam schools run DI courses?

Supporting contractors in the building services sector | NICEIC - http://www.niceic.com/domestic-installer?gclid=Cj0KCQjwlv_XBRDrARIsAH-iRJQ0k3feaK-awMZkydmvS1268O-kIa8PQWw6i1s0hq54UqTpz7YseQAaAmzyEALw_wcB
4081 DIS Hi-Vis Vest S/M - https://www.shop.niceic.com/4081-Snickers-domestic-installer-hi-vis-vest-small-medium

In that case Ant, why do scam schools run DI courses?
Because this name has been adopted, these courses in my view are geared towards the compliance of Part P & C.P.S schemes these short courses are really designed for people doing small electrical alterations such as kitchens, bathrooms extensions. Anyone doing more involved electrical installation works needs to undertake more in-depth C & G together with practical experience.

Because this name has been adopted, these courses in my view are geared towards the compliance of Part P & C.P.S schemes these short courses are really designed for people doing small electrical alterations such as kitchens, bathrooms extensions. Anyone doing more involved electrical installation works needs to undertake more in-depth C & G together with practical experience.
If what you say is correct Ant, then the scams and the scamschools should stop advertising these courses as Domestic Installer Courses, and the NICEIC are the worst offenders in my book, so to say there is no such thing as a DI is wrong.
Again it's the short course mentality, easy come easy confused, I appreciate what you are saying.

So this board can be used for a 3 phase 400V supply then?

The consumer unit is modular, it is not designed for one switch. You can add another switch, it is designed so that you can add another switch.

By modular do you mean it has a DIN rail for mounting breakers? it looks to me like a dual RCD board that has had a second main switch added.

In my opinion, this board is absolutely fine as it is, as long as the PSC is confirmed as being less than the rating of the components. Anyone who has done any domestic installation outside of this small group of islands would be more than familiar with consumer units laid out like this.
The only change I would have made when fitting it, would have been to use a TP main switch instead of the two DP ones, but there's no requirement for this.

In my opinion, this board is absolutely fine as it is, as long as the PSC is confirmed as being less than the rating of the components. Anyone who has done any domestic installation outside of this small group of islands would be more than familiar with consumer units laid out like this.
The only change I would have made when fitting it, would have been to use a TP main switch instead of the two DP ones, but there's no requirement for this.
What do you mean, a TP isolator in place of the 2 DP ones or a single TP as a direct replacement for the 2 DP switches? if it's the latter idea then that would make the installation more dangerous than it is already imo.

TP isolator in place of the RH DP switch (and labeled 'main switch'), links from N of isolator to each RCD, link from L2 of isolator to RH RCD, and link from L3 of isolator to LH RCD.
Both DP isolators removed and not used.
As things are at the moment you have a DP isolator (main switch) followed by another DP isolator (RCD) on each side of the board. The DP switches could have been omitted, and the supplies taken directly to the RCDs, each labeled 'main switch'.Feeding the two RCDs from a TP isolator gives a single point of isolation to keep everyone happy, however you interpret 'single point of isolation'.

Reply to Can you take 2 phases to a consumer unit? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net