Discuss Cannot get RCD test to work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well you haven't done that to me so don't worry about it MM, it was nothing but a discussion from where I was sitting.
Enjoy the Moto GP, is Valentino Rossi still riding? Obviously you can see that I know three tenths of bugger all about it but my brother rates him very highly.

Was IR testing carried out through this RCD?

Glenn!! You're going to have to go back through the thread!! I did all tests and gave all results... Zs, IR, Continuity of CPC, pi R sqared, E=MCsquared and the meaning of life are all in this thread somewhere... Just look!! ;)

I'm off to finish watching the film now...
cheers for all the input guys.

Glenn!! You're going to have to go back through the thread!! I did all tests and gave all results... Zs, IR, Continuity of CPC, pi R sqared, E=MCsquared and the meaning of life are all in this thread somewhere... Just look!! ;)

Do I remember rightly that RCD testers abort the test if the voltages induced by the test (relative to the CPC) are too high?

I know it sounds rediculous but make sure you have a good connection where you are testing, I have found that if testing an rcd, say at a light fitting, it can make it not work properly if you arenot holding the probes on tight enough. Just a though....

Oh and make sure you have your leads plugged in the right holes on your meter, I did that once, can't remember which was round they were but it wouldn't trip the rcd as much as I tried.

Well you haven't done that to me so don't worry about it MM, it was nothing but a discussion from where I was sitting.
Enjoy the Moto GP, is Valentino Rossi still riding? Obviously you can see that I know three tenths of bugger all about it but my brother rates him very highly.
Marquez is the boy at the moment. Rossi still in there, even Edwards and Hayden still going.

so in other words you shoved 500V through the RCD....

Thought RCDs were good for 500V apart from RCBOs on which you have to remember to disconnect any functional earth? If the RCD has been killed, wouldn't that result in a failed test rather than refusal to test?

Thought RCDs were good for 500V apart from RCBOs on which you have to remember to disconnect any functional earth? If the RCD has been killed, wouldn't that result in a failed test rather than refusal to test?
may just not test at all....

personally i think theres either a lack of understanding about how to carry out the test competantly from the OP (hardly surprising)

or theres no continuity of CPC someware......

if theres any exposed pipework nearby the OP could prove the no continuity of CPC easily by connecting the earth croc to extranious whilst testing the RCD.....if it lets go then i would dare say its a CPC thing....

Try testing live (load side) to earth only(neutral and earth probes)
Did an rcd spur work out cheaper than fitting an rcbo at the board?and where did you site it?Above the ceiling?

What film are you watching?

Schindlers Fist?
Womb Raider?
Snow white does seven dwarfs?
School of cock?
Gangbangs of new York?
Here Now go and calm down your getting all heated under the collar lol

Attachments

• 1898171_641289579275061_1813353385_n.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 142
I have fitted RCD spurs mid point on light circuits for people when doing work and never had a problem to date, I would think there's something more simple going wrong here such as leafs wrong way over on MFT....

may just not test at all....

personally i think theres either a lack of understanding about how to carry out the test competantly from the OP (hardly surprising)

or theres no continuity of CPC someware......

if theres any exposed pipework nearby the OP could prove the no continuity of CPC easily by connecting the earth croc to extranious whilst testing the RCD.....if it lets go then i would dare say its a CPC thing....

Back to your old ways then Glenn.. for a brief moment I thought it looked like you were becoming an adult.

Bit exhausting to keep saying it, so I'll give up after this... but have another read of the thread.

Reply to Cannot get RCD test to work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net