Discuss Canon 40D in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
just acquired one, body only. sold as a non worker, won't power up. . with considerable help from geordie spark, picking it up for me and posting it on, had a fiddle with it and it sprang to life. happy days.

celebrating with some.. :54:

taken this morning with the 40D, canon 35-105 f4.5 lens. poor depth of field. try harder next time.

Canon 40D IMG_5553 - EletriciansForums.net

hell of a job to get her to sit. she doesn't like the camera and runs off and hides. i'd selected a 1/125th so the lens was pretty well wide open.

Aye , hard to photograph, by the time you set them up the moment has gone. takes forever. spontaneous shot are forgivable though lol. Lovely dog

Was that one of your original lenses from a previous cannon ?

yep. EF lenses from the days of eos film cameras. i still have 3 of those film cameras. this was taken some years ago with eos 620. it's a mate of mine, legendary lonnie,Canon 40D lonnie - EletriciansForums.net using a wine glass to fret the guitar.

for some sztrange reason, it transferred to pc as a mirror image

Last edited:
I have two and a half minolta's . I bought a digital Fuji, paid a lot of money for it in it's day . fine when it was going , but didn't last long.
I did get some cracking images with it , but needing reading glasses knacked me with the menu for getting creative with it. I preferred the instinctive controls on my old film camera's.
I don't do much now, but I am tempted to get back into it now I have more time on my hands.

duplicate post.

Last edited:
Cracking picture.
My first minolta was purely mechanical with a battery just for the light meter. I loved it ,weighed half a ton ,built like a tank. Sadly that's the one that is the half now.

no he's not. in the original he's playing right handed. look at the keyboard logo.

had a couple of beers to steady my hand now. here she is with her big sister ( the big sister is the small one) . nothing's ever right in this house. Canon 40D IMG_0596 - EletriciansForums.net

it's a damn site easier when they don't move. lol.

it's a damn site easier when they don't move. lol.

I've got a cracking night shot on my wall of the bridges over the Tyne that I took with my (I think) 350D and a Sigma 28 - 300 stuck on the end of it.

It was around the time I got my 30D so it may have been taken with that. I'm not sure.

I'll have to have a dig around & see if I can find the file & post it up for your amusement.

you got bridges there now? what happened to the ferry?

Canon 40D images - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to Canon 40D in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock