Discuss capping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i use plastic oval tube. hate capping. either the nails won't go in or they fall out as soon as you let go.

Don't use the nails they are useless, get a small decent battery gun with a decent magnetic screw bit that holds the screws steady. Screw straight onto the capping and the screw will pierce through, straight into a raw plug. Careful not to screw through cables...

- - - Updated - - -

Pint of stella please then barman

........:)

Don't use the nails they are useless, get a small decent battery gun with a decent magnetic screw bit that holds the screws steady. Screw straight onto the capping and the screw will pierce through, straight into a raw plug. Careful not to screw through cables...

- - - Updated - - -

........:)

if i'm going to the trouble of drilling and plugging, then it's tube all the way. 1 hole per clip. and it's rewireable as well.

it's about time this thread got silly, anyway. it should have been trashed ages ago. time for beer.

were you singled out in any way ?
no , so stop being so f****** uptight.
folk might think youre actually that ---- tank driver you proudly display.

Whoa! Calm down dear, no need for such a wobbly now is there?! I'll put those toys back in your pram now shall I?

I never said you singled me out, you just referred to contributing members of this thread being dumb, me being one of them. I wanted clarification on what I said that was so dumb, that's all?! Uptight? I don't really think so, just inquisitive as to why you would say such a thing.

One more thing, there's a line you simply don't cross. When you start making insinuations with words like '----' you're getting very close pal. Wind it in!

I was taught to always earth capping..old company still does it. Safe zones yeah but what if you install and a sharp edge of caping has sliced into a cable by accident ? you have just installed a large piece of metal in the wall that is now live...I earth it then I know I don't have that problem as any contact to live will also be to earth and trip.

I think it was councils who insisted on this even when not required..but Ive always just thought it was good practise too ! Id rather do that than potentially make a wall live, not know till someone soaks it with paint and gets plated.

never seen u earthing ur capping on that youtube vid

Lets all take a deep breath and....... relax :)

Now.. Biff, say you're sorry and shake hands, you'll only regret it in the morning when you're sober!

Perhaps if you used the correct size capping for the number of cables installed and took your time instead if being a rough a*/'e then there should not be any concern about nicking a cable.

Also two lengths of capping is not a substitute for metallic earthed conduit. If it was deemed acceptable it would state in the regs earthed metallic conduit or similar but it doesn't.

yep. reg. says "enclosed in earthed concuit or trunking". capping does not constitute being enclosed.

Reply to capping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net