Discuss Car alarm new door pins fitting in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I have a van that has a factory alarm but i want to instal another with sensors in rear and louder siren.
Firstly if i instal new door pins for new alarm is it ok to have two alarms?
Secondly the alarm has the out put for the pins but does that go to them with no other cabling (pins look one terminal) so when pin (door) open it goes to ground and the alarm knows this from its wire connected? Or does pin some how need other wiring other than the output from alarm?
Thanks

No, if the pins are just for the alarm, they only need a single wire to them.
You can either make a junction somewhere and feed each pin from that point, or loop one wire in and out at each pin.

I bought a sliding door pin as per image, i was told "The attached diagram which shows how to connect a PIR movement sensor for a burglar alarm to a car alarm, the principal would be the same, connect the two terminals of the pillar side of the sliding door switch in place of the NC Relay contacts and then on the door side of the sliding contact link the two terminals together. That will give you a negative output on the wire at the bottom when the door is open." see image, does that sound about right? Meaning i need a 12v supply to it too

pin.jpg

s-l1600.png

Reply to Car alarm new door pins fitting in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello folks, So my van got found after being stolen ;D Now I'm installing my own alarm on the van which is triggered when a door is opened. Im...
Replies
Views
I'm installing mag-locks and fire door hold-open magnets at the moment and I'm wondering if any of the cable should be fire performance cable...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have two questions regarding wiring and containment on commercial property stairwells in Ireland. We are currently wiring a 3 story...
Replies
Views
Hi, I trying to figure what is wrong with horn on this car. Its 2022 Pathfinder. Horn works when i ground connector 30 pin 10 (connector that...
Replies
Views
I've asked a similar question before I think and we came to the conclusion that apart from new houses and HMO's etc there aren't any rules about...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock