Discuss car issues in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bobby101

hi all i have a wee question for u all out there, i have had my car parked up for a long time on SORN but its time to use it again for some jobs etc any ways what i want to know how many months car insurance do i have to buy before i can buy road tax ??? cheers and beers

Strange question for an electricians forum but hey what do I know.
Car insurance is usually sold by the year so if you buy it and pay the premium and have a cover note and a valid MOT certificate you're good to go I'd say (sick of typing the word and by the way) It would probably be best to check with someone with more expertise than me though
Want me to check with my oldest brother? He used to be a traffic cop

go on compare the meerkat. pay monthly. you even get a free meerkat toy.

I reckon the best people to ask would be an insurance company. AFAIK if you haven't got an MOT you're allowed to drive straight to a garage to get it tested, but presumably you still need insurance and the insurance company might impose some kind of restrictions if you haven't got a valid MOT.

but then drive the day after with no insurance and the boys in blue can snatch the motor and crush it.

there are companies who do Month by month insurance EXTORSIONATE because you pay for your insurance by direct debit this isnt monthly insurance its a credit agreement thus you have paid for the years insurance and if you cancel you MAY have to pay in full depending on the contract Check out the "Money saving expert" guy he was talking about this on radio2 the other week

Reply to car issues in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net