Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

car issues

Discussion in 'Business Related' started by bobby101, Feb 24, 2012.

Discuss car issues in the Business Related area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. bobby101

bobby101 Guest

hi all i have a wee question for u all out there, i have had my car parked up for a long time on SORN but its time to use it again for some jobs etc any ways what i want to know how many months car insurance do i have to buy before i can buy road tax ??? cheers and beers

2. trev

trev Regular EF Member

Strange question for an electricians forum but hey what do I know.
    Car insurance is usually sold by the year so if you buy it and pay the premium and have a cover note and a valid MOT certificate you're good to go I'd say (sick of typing the word and by the way) It would probably be best to check with someone with more expertise than me though
    Want me to check with my oldest brother? He used to be a traffic cop

3. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    go on compare the meerkat. pay monthly. you even get a free meerkat toy.

4. tony mc

tony mc Electrician's Arms

When you apply for a vehicle excise licence you need to have a valid insurance covering the vehicle for the day you are taxing the vehicle.

5. Adam W

Adam W Electrician's Arms

I reckon the best people to ask would be an insurance company. AFAIK if you haven't got an MOT you're allowed to drive straight to a garage to get it tested, but presumably you still need insurance and the insurance company might impose some kind of restrictions if you haven't got a valid MOT.

6. Short Circuit

Short Circuit Regular EF Member

Tony is right, legally you only need it for the day you get it taxed ! There are companies that do one day insurance policies as well if you shop around!

7. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    but then drive the day after with no insurance and the boys in blue can snatch the motor and crush it.

8. mogga

mogga Just me Electrician's Arms

there are companies who do Month by month insurance EXTORSIONATE because you pay for your insurance by direct debit this isnt monthly insurance its a credit agreement thus you have paid for the years insurance and if you cancel you MAY have to pay in full depending on the contract Check out the "Money saving expert" guy he was talking about this on radio2 the other week