Discuss Caravan park Earthing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Is TNS permitted on caravan site? I always thought you could use as TNS as supply cable then TT each pitch, spark I’m working with says you can use TNS all way through if ZS is acceptable
Thanks

Here we go.
Just because the supply to the installation is TN-S, doesn’t mean PME conditions do not apply.
It’s why BS7671 states “where PME conditions apply”, rather than saying “where the earthing system is TN-C-S”.

Yes ESQCR does prohibit the use of PME for Caravan pitches.
However it does not prohibit the use of PME for static Caravans or for other permanent structures on Caravan sites.

Here we go.
Just because the supply to the installation is TN-S, doesn’t mean PME conditions do not apply.
It’s why BS7671 states “where PME conditions apply”, rather than saying “where the earthing system is TN-C-S”.

However it does not prohibit the use of PME for static Caravans or for other permanent structures on Caravan sites.

ESQCR are does NOT allow pme conditions to a static caravan! It does allow it for buildings on parks, not the vans themselves

Here we go.

If it is as you put it ‘A TN-S with PME conditions’ then it is not a TB-S is it?

It is up the the DNO to ensure their supply arrangement is vlear nit for us to go around asking questions.

Regardless, BS7671 is clear that a PME cannot be used.
No, it’s not.
From BS7671 Definitions:
Caravan. A trailer leisure accommodation vehicle, used for touring, designed to meet the requirements for the construction and use of road vehicles (see also definitions of Motor caravan and Leisure accommodation vehicle).

Reply to Caravan park Earthing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net