Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Career Progression and Courses in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. MKspark

MKspark EF Member

Morning All

I'm after some advice from the more experienced people in this group.
    I'm a qualified electrician of 17 years with
    2360 pt1 + pt2
    Pat Testing
    2392, 2934, 2395 Testing and Inspecting
    IOSH (Health and Safety)
    SMSTS (Site Management)
    and all other courses in fire Marshall, first aid etc

I'm now an Electrical Supervisor for a Large Building Company but mainly office based plus making sure all the installations and paperwork complies with Regulations, Specifications.
    So the question is what would be my Career progression and what other courses would I need?

2. Joshua

Joshua |Ω|#e5| Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Steel Electrical Contractors
    It depends what direction you'd want to go in. Do you ever see yourself back on the tools? If so an NVQ Level 3 would complete your qualifications. Add that to a 2396 in design and that would get you a Technicians Gold Card.

Or you could go the Engineering route and get an HNC/HND.

Or go the full management option and get an NVQ Level 6 in construction management and get yourself a Black CSCS card.
    Sorry but SMSTS has lost its weight as a management qualification as too many providers offer a guaranteed pass to everyone willing to do the 5 day course.