Discuss casting down-lights into concrete (new build) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I know its a headache job- buts its in a nice part of town for quite a 'cool tasted' architech (its going to be he home)
exposed polished walls/ceilings with pretty cool features going in.
Its a 30k job for me plus will look great on my portfolio

so asked the make up of the ground floor (where he wants me to run the cables for the basement level below) ....
  • Concrete Screed – Max temperature 20-30C
  • Reinforcement Mesh
  • Wet Underfloor heating pipes, within the concrete screed, max water temperature 40-60C, not touching your wires/trunking.
  • Electric Wiring within plastic trunking
  • RC Concrete Slab

If its the architects house and he has specced it out then he should have done the spec for the electrical work, its not up to you to work it out as you are not the designer, you are the grunt that just does as he is told and gets paid for it.

To me it looks like he is looking at you to find a solution to his design criteria.

Reply to casting down-lights into concrete (new build) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm a DIY'er looking to build a 6x8 shed in my backyard in Colorado. I'm installing a gravel pad first, with 4 concrete Sonotube...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is a repost of the initial in diy as the only potential diy aspect is the prep ahead of a qualified person attending, this is hopefully...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm looking for some help on a query I have. I'm currently involved with a new build with the plan to fit Solar in the very near future...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon All, So I have a new situation to me that I cannot seem to get a definitive answer for. I trained as an electrician and did...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock