Discuss Cat5e and new builds. Crossing the streams in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ive taken on a big new build and im not too sure about the data cabling. (thought i could sub it out but cant find anyone yet)

The house has 3 floors with telephone points on each floor.
Due to the construction of the kit there are points where my cat5e and my power cables will cross streams (touching). apart from maybe 3/4 of these small section i have kept the routes seperate.

Does anyone know if this will cause me problems down the line?

its eco u/utp cat5e cable. Would i be right in asuming the "u/utp" stands for "unshielded"
ive taken on a big new build and im not too sure about the data cabling. (thought i could sub it out but cant find anyone yet)

Due to the construction of the kit there are points where my cat5e and my power cables will cross streams (touching). apart from maybe 3/4 of these small section i have kept the routes seperate.

its eco u/utp cat5e cable. Would i be right in asuming the "u/utp" stands for "unshielded"
Ca

Cat5e cable consists of four twisted pairs, the twists on each pair have a different pitches to prevent crosstalk, and the twisting also cancels out interference from other adjacent wiring.
Each twisted pair feeds a differential input with good common mode rejection.

Reply to Cat5e and new builds. Crossing the streams in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net