Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Catering trailer electrics in the Commercial Electrical Talk area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. diditrain

diditrain Electrician's Arms

My neighbour has built a catering trailer, which is mainly gas for the appliances that he intends to use, Bain Marie etc.
    He has asked me if he could have a couple of double sockets fitted to it and I said I would look into it for him. Section 717 would be applicable for the electrical installation side of things, however from past conversations with him I know that he sometimes uses a generator or whatever is available on the various sites, power supply wise.
    Would it be wise to suggest to him that he only ever uses his own generator for his electric side of the installation?

2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Why use your own generator and fuel when an alternative source is available.

3. PEG

PEG Respected Member

Hi,just out of interest,what type of cable is he using?

4. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    probably electrical, as opposed to brake cable, aileron,elevator and rudder cable.:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  5. diditrain

Not 100% certain, but he said that sometimes he gets to site`s and they have commando sockets/commando socket convertors. Bit of a mix and match by the sound of it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PEG

PEG Respected Member

Hi dude,i was referring to the internal wiring,where these double sockets,would be presumably fitted.

Only reason for asking,was that most self-build vans of this nature,have the incorrect type of cable fitted,and in these cases,fitting the correct type of accessories,is not making it comply any easier...

These are,in truth,difficult set-ups,to comply with every possible power source. With the usual integral RCD functioning on suitable supplies,providing no discrimination on RCD covered supplies,and maybe not functioning at all,on some generator supplies.

Also,in my own personal experience,the people running them,would rather see customers with St.elmos fire around their outline,than have a toaster go off...

7. diditrain

HO7RN-F