Discuss CCTV installation qualifications and license in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Just a quick and maybe stupid question...but I'm a fully qualified electrician including 2391 etc but don't do much domestically and looking at doing CCTV domestically is there another qual or license needed for this?

Or is it 'competence' and part p and wiring regs cover it?

Cheers

no quals. needed. CCTV does not come under the scope of BS7671. the only overlap is when connecting such equipment into the mains.

as mentioned no qualifications required. but if doing ip or wireless camera systems then a good basic understanding of networking and ip addresses could be useful. If you stick with domestic no other things needed. but if you move over to public covering cctv, commercial or public sector they have been known to ask for dbs checks, was talk a while back that it could come under the SIA as the SIA already require licence to act as a cctv operator when it covers public spaces. Also make sure you are gdpr complaint especially if you keep remote access to systems for repairs or updates etc..
Where budgets allow I recommend HikVision there wireless kit is 2nd to none in my view

Training and qualifications are probably out there.
Mostly just running in cables and connecting up cameras.
Knowledge and understanding of the different systems available would be useful.

Reply to CCTV installation qualifications and license in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning all, We are looking at qualification requirements for inspection and testing to BS EN 60204, all of our work is past the main isolator of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Not sure if this is the best place to post but here goes! I'm over 50 and not working at the moment (semi retired) but I'd like to get...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to do some minor domestic electrical work while I am completing my NVQ level 2 in electrical installations. I have the 18th...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock