Discuss CDM regs advice (CPP)..... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
first post- see how I get on

Obviously I'm aware of the CDM regs and the requirement for a construction phase plan (CPP if I'm the only contractor, larger site the main contractor will be responsible with input from me)

My question - is a CPP required for I&T ? After all it states arrangements for welfare & emergency first aid
(Relevant even for a sole trader)

I would say that if the only thing you are doing is inspection and testing then the CDM regulations do not apply. Therefore you would not be required to provide a Construction phase plan. If you were doing I&T in preparation for repairs or alterations then it would come under CDM.

However you would still be working in accordance with the HASAWA and EAWR so a health and safety plan may be advisable in any case.

Hopefully you will get more opinions relating to your first post.

I would say that if the only thing you are doing is inspection and testing then the CDM regulations do not apply. Therefore you would not be required to provide a Construction phase plan. If you were doing I&T in preparation for repairs or alterations then it would come under CDM.

However you would still be working in accordance with the HASAWA and EAWR so a health and safety plan may be advisable in any case.

Hopefully you will get more opinions relating to your first post.
Cheers Richard for the reply, I thought that would be the case- just obviously working towards Chas/safecontractor I need to provide site specific RAMS any how

Just another form to add to the paperless office

Reply to CDM regs advice (CPP)..... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock