Discuss Ceiling lights wiring in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi, im new to this forum but need help. I have (or my partner has) decided to change the lights in the living room. We have 2. I have taken off the ceiling rose and there a are 4 wires. 1 brown 1 earth 2 blue however in my new light fittings there is only room for 3 wires. Can i put the blues together? In the other light in the living room there was only 3 wires so that was simple
Thanks for any help in advance

They are seperate wires. The earth and live come out of 1 pipe. The 2 blues are individual with no markings on them to show its a different neutral or anything? Dont wanna blow my house up lol.

Ceiling lights wiring 15161949387911840999491 - EletriciansForums.net

Whats the worst that could happen? It trips the fuse? Its been connectes like that with power on to the other light fitted and working and nothing has happened.

The new one has 4 terminals mate, I think you forgot about the Earth terminal.

Reply to Ceiling lights wiring in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock