Discuss central heating controls.... in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hello there....

Hope someone can advise me correctly here.

Have got to do the control wiring for an 's' plan.... havent done any heating systems for years.

Just wondering what regs are regarding the following....

Megaflow and programmer are going to be up on first floor, boiler is down on the ground floor in kitchen. Locating spur next to megaflow. So was wondering do I also have to put some sort of isolation in next to boiler so supply can be killed here? Just thinking about maintenance thats all...

Thank u,

Sy

Isolate whole lot from one point for sure.

Mate of mine who is gas safe reckons best practice is to isolution through a 3A plug into socket as "DP Isolators can go wrong". I can kind of see the point but looks a bit naff and frankly if you can't trust fittings well it raises all sorts of questions really...!

Isolate whole lot from one point for sure.

Mate of mine who is gas safe reckons best practice is to isolution through a 3A plug into socket as "DP Isolators can go wrong". I can kind of see the point but looks a bit naff and frankly if you can't trust fittings well it raises all sorts of questions really...!

How do you isolate the thermostat if the boiler is on a plugtop?

Reply to central heating controls.... in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

At the moment it depends on the weather on how well the central heating works, the main problem is the Nest Gen 3 thermostat only measures the...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, my house has an air-to-heat system that generates hot water in a boiler. This boiler is then connected to the central heating...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have recently replaced our central heating programmer with a Honeywell ST9400C. We now want to replace our old wireless room...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock