Discuss Central heating radiators issue in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

joel89

-
Reaction score
Hi all im an industrial maintenance spark, have a problem with my central heating at home I have heat on all small radiators up and down, the large two in the kitchen and living room double skin double convectors I have no heat what so ever i have bled both no air in system, heat on incoming pipe work, I have been told it could be the pump or motorised valves? It's an 8 year old house it's an old system with seperate hot water. I've orderd new grundfos pump it feels to be running but it's red hot can't touch it, any help would be great

Similar thing happening in my house. If i shut the hot ones off, then the heat gets to the ones that were not getting hot.
I think mine is a balancing issue from what i have read online.

That is very likely.

You'll find instructions re: balancing radiators online too. Enjoy!! ;)

Yes as all suggested, may be worth shutting all the other rads off at the valves, and try and force the water through, that has worked for me, then go round balancing them.

geordie. get her off that pc and doing something useful like warming your bed.

i think applemac is training as a plumber, going by his post #16. whack it with a hammer.

i think applemac is training as a plumber, going by his post #16. whack it with a hammer.

It's sound advice actually - as long as you don't whack it too hard and that's where the plumber's skill comes into play.

It's not just about whacking it - it's about knowing where and how hard to whack it !!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Central heating radiators issue in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net