• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Certificate for replacing a main 200amp isolator in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Guys just replaced a 200 amp main isolator in a factory along with a replacement 3 phase board should you do an installation cert or a minor works as it's like for like

Before we start anything like this we like to get as much information eg existing certificates, circuit charts etc and turn off each circuit to prove what it feeds so when reinstalled we know what it does for retesting and is safe to bring back into service.

Got the old certs for the board mainly concerned about the main isolator I'm tempted to issue a minor works for it but would any one issue different
As Westward10 (who beat me to it while I made a cup of tea) posted I would do an EIC this is more than minor works you have the circuits in the distribution board to consider. You are required to put this information on the certificate anyway.

You need an Electrical installation certificate for the new board and all finals circuits within, plus the new isolator.

All tests will be from an initial verification prospective and will include all tests performed in the sequence stated.

Apologies if I'm telling you how to suck eggs

Reply to Certificate for replacing a main 200amp isolator in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back