Discuss Certificate Software - time to change? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

I've been using PIRform / Shineforms for many years now - it costs about £90 per year but has a few irritating niggles....... and my annual subscription is due in about 3 years.

So with the 18th Edition just around the corner is it time to change software?

Key things for me are :

PC based - I do all certificates on my laptop
The ability to give a certificate a unique number - I use the invoice number
Runs on windows 7
Relatively easy to use!

Thoughts and suggestions please guys & girls

Thanks

I use Easycert and really like it. You can set up templates to save time filling in.
Pricing is a bit odd. You pay a one off fee to buy the software and then an optional yearly service fee. The service fee gives you tech support and updates as well as other stuff like multi device syncing.

Heard good things about electraform and vespula too.

I use Easycert and really like it. You can set up templates to save time filling in.
Pricing is a bit odd. You pay a one off fee to buy the software and then an optional yearly service fee. The service fee gives you tech support and updates as well as other stuff like multi device syncing.

Heard good things about electraform and vespula too.

You need to pay the yearly fee to be able to send the certs too.
Another vote for easycert

Electraform is supposed to be good, just buy certs as you need them for £1.00 each with no subscriptions. So what have you got to lose other than a quid if you don't like it?

So easycert has good comments, what’s bad about it?

Took me a bit of time to get used to it. There is a lot of functionality and options to set up. You get a 12 month service package with the initial purchase so you can ask all your questions.

I think you can download a free trial to give it a fiddle with though and see if it's for you.

I use electraform at the moment, on the positive side it is only a quid per form. I am doing less and less certs as am doing more building/development work at the moment, so for me it works fine. You can use it on anything via a web browser and it just works. The good thing is you can send your certs to staff or subcontractors to complete and then check them, once complete you can download them and then send on as a pdf. The downside is that once you complete a certificate you cannot go back and alter it, you can however copy a cert and pay another pound. You also get a circuit chart for an EICR and EIC to print out for your board. I just add a quid on to the job!;-)

Reply to Certificate Software - time to change? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net