Discuss Certificate Software - time to change? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Surely it shouldn’t need to be altered after it is completed.

Agree. I like easy cert too. It's simple to set up, stick your logo on it and your away. I only used to do service update when you got a new amendment and needed the new certs.
We use the niceic online at work now, ok for MW but it's well long winded in comparison for an EIC

Surely it shouldn’t need to be altered after it is completed.
I have a contract to maintain a commercial premises which could mean a MWC every few days on the same circuit(s), my point is you cannot save one cert and alter it for subsequent work on the same premises, you have to buy a new cert every time once it is saved as a pdf, or copy it across to a new cert and then alter the changes.

I too save them as PDF's but having 3rd party software means I can continue to use the software if I change schemes .............

If you change schemes, you can use their software :) I like using the schemes stuff, 'cos they had responsibility on storing the information & certificates; data protection and all that.

I've heard good things about Electraform and the guys are based not too far from me. But at £1 a certificate, it wouldn't take long before you have passed the license renewal fee for other software.

I use Easycert and find it very good. Once you have a good set of templates setup and work out a few of the auto fill shortcuts etc, it doesn't take very long to type up a Cert. The mobile version of it isn't for me at all (a one off payment to get it in addition to the main package).

Is the stroma stuff free to use and is it thaaatttt bad?
Until now ive used the napit downloadable pdfs and filled in on acrobat reader, ive enquired about updated forms and there now not going to supply them free as part of membership anymore and want another £102 per yr to use online forms....

Tempted to move to stroma, been napit for 7 years but its almost half price!

Is the stroma stuff free to use and is it thaaatttt bad?
Until now ive used the napit downloadable pdfs and filled in on acrobat reader, ive enquired about updated forms and there now not going to supply them free as part of membership anymore and want another £102 per yr to use online forms....

Tempted to move to stroma, been napit for 7 years but its almost half price!
I think if you used certificate software and set up templates etc you would save an awful lot of time filling in certs. It seems extremely time consuming the way you do it at the moment.

I think if you used certificate software and set up templates etc you would save an awful lot of time filling in certs. It seems extremely time consuming the way you do it at the moment.

Yea thats how it is now, its a pdf i have all my details pre entered in so its quite quick to do on the laptop sorry if i wasnt clear... Just wondered if stromas was the same

I have got Amtech at the moment and feel ripped off as every year they want £250+ for the update and continued support (if you can get through) I see no update in the certificate or added functions added. I like yourself am considering changing to Easycert come 18th. Does this have cable calculation software included?

I like yourself am considering changing to Easycert come 18th. Does this have cable calculation software included?

EasyCert has no function for cable calculations. Even so, it's still the best certification software that I've used to date, and I'll be sticking with it until the day I retire. I particularly like the automatic updates and online back-up features. I can't recommend EasyCert highly enough!

I have got Amtech at the moment and feel ripped off as every year they want £250+ for the update and continued support (if you can get through) I see no update in the certificate or added functions added. I like yourself am considering changing to Easycert come 18th. Does this have cable calculation software included?
Am tech update is available there is a box to choose either 17 or 18th

Reply to Certificate Software - time to change? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock