Discuss Certification of a sub board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all sorry if this has already been covered but new to here. I've just fitted a sub board in an office block to feed a shower bkock. But unsure which cert to issue. Its an additional circuit of the main board

May be just a blonde moment mate but the agents requested a cert for the board that I pulled the feed from. But non the less sorted now
What sort of certificate did they request?

Well of course they did because you've added a new circuit to that board?
I wasn't thinking along those lines Mate, just thought, typical letting agent just wanted some sort of electrical certificate, yes of course you are correct EIC required, I guess I was being optimistic

Do you not normally supply Certification unless someone asks for it?
This will probably happen more and more now. Have you seen how much info you now need to fill in a 18th edition version of the MEIWC.
Half an hour to add an extra socket and an hour to fill all that info in. I bet there are plenty of people out there that won’t bother.

This will probably happen more and more now. Have you seen how much info you now need to fill in a 18th edition version of the MEIWC.
Half an hour to add an extra socket and an hour to fill all that info in. I bet there are plenty of people out there that won’t bother.

There already are plenty of people out there that don’t bother issuing certificates. They're called cowboys and rogue electricians.

Hmm.
EICs were not required until the 16th edition.
Does that mean all work done before 1991 was conducted by cowboys and rogues?

Reply to Certification of a sub board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock