Discuss Certification Software 2013 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've recently passed my first scheme provider (ELECSA) assessment and I'm considering what certification software to go for, so hopefully you guys will be willing to share your experiences, I couldn't find a sticky/poll. I realise this is a regular question asked, but as technology moves with a pace, I've titled accordingly, as the most recent posts were last year.

Prior to my assessment I invested in a Megger 1730, with the Onsite software.Now I did use this forum before choosing, and got the impression the software wasn't brilliant and went ahead anyway because I liked the idea of blu-tooth'ing the results. What I didn't realise, was after 30 days I got a letter from Megger saying my software support/updates had expired and if I would like to continue, it's £180+vat. Feeling ripped off comes to mind! I've only used the Onsite software once, and had not done any update downloads, but it does not seem particularly impressive. Only a few 'drop down' boxes and bits like circuit descriptions you can't seem to edit, and it doesn't seem to let you 'save as', to file the completed certificates anywhere else, other than in the software package.

I will only be using a laptop to save all my certs’. Now, after a little research,it seems I have a few options.

· I could stay with the Onsite software, perhaps the £180 will get me some improved downloads, anybody tried?
· Use the ELECSA software, which I believe is PIRForm, what’s the consensus of that software?
· Or just use something simple, like Easy Cert?
I would really like to know if someone has got an updated Onsite, having already shelled out £90, and what are your opinions of the other software.

Used PIR from elecsa. Seemed ok. Now use Icertifi which is an IPhone app. That works for me. Down to preference and budget. I considered the megger software but seemed a rip off, glad I gave that a miss

Buy PIRform direct from PIRform then if you change schemes you can change the Elecsa logo for the new one.

I've been using it for a couple of years are like it.

I bought 6 licences for Amtech FastTest 2013 for our testing division and I think its spot on! Obviously as with Amtech there were some teething problems, but all is well now! Been using Amtech FastTest for 6 years now, wouldn't think of changing! But thats just me, there are others which are perfectly good! :)

Another vote for Easycert. I wouldn't call it simple. Simple to use, yes. I have it on a small laptop to use on site. Also has a iPhone/iPad ap.

As Elecsa are you now allowed to buy the NIC software?

Thanks chaps, looks like it's a choice between Easy Cert & PirForm, no votes for Megger. Let that be a lesson for those that research them in the future, very expensive!

I have icertify on my iPhone & iPad it is the best that I have used. On Friday I did the eic certificate part p certificate and Invoice all on my iPad then emailed it to them all before leaving the customers house.

It's brilliant. I've got a 'halfway house' (out of prison/ off the street and into this place) with 12 DB's to test. Rather than take the ipad in and get stabbed for it, I've drawn a draft up (previous records available :D) and printed it out. Then I can make the EICR up on the software and send it off. EasyCert is around £240 in the first year and then £80 per extra licence each year.

got a smallish eee pc netbook to carry to the job. on it an open office spreadsheet to fill out.
maybe not so smart as the proper software but completely free and does the job too.
thinking of getting some portable printer to go with it.

Reply to Certification Software 2013 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net