Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Certification software in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. pal4life

pal4life EF Member

Could anybody tell me if I as a domestic installer with the NICEIC do i have to purchase there certificate software package, or is there an alternative?

2. D80

D80 Guest

3. RWJ

RWJ 8,400+ day wonder Electrician's Arms

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jel

Jel Regular EF Member

Amtech is good testing software, and will be fine to use.

5. pal4life

pal4life EF Member

Many thanks for your replies but if I use any of those will the niceic accept them when purchasing e certs and submitting them?

6. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

I'd recommend PIRform.

• Like Like x 1
  7. a1guvner

a1guvner Electrician's Arms

With Easycert you can print straight onto the NICEIC forms or create a PDF to print yourself

8. Mark_Burgess

Mark_Burgess Electrician's Arms

Been using it for 18 months now, so easy.

9. Murdoch

The only thing I don't like is the fact you can't store clients and multiple addresses of rental properties!

10. Mark_Burgess

Mark_Burgess Electrician's Arms

Let them know, they might add it to the list.

11. RWJ

RWJ 8,400+ day wonder Electrician's Arms

There's nothing in the Regs or the "Rules of enrolment" (I'm sure the DI rules are the same) to say you can't....
    The NIC have never queried certs we've given them we use software and ALWAYS use the JOB NUMBER as reference.

None of this buying cert numbers rubbish, we feel using the job number gives better service as it's more easily traceable from initial telephone call to completion. All the paper work will have the same reference!
    Also if a customer has a question it can often be dealt with by the receptionist answering the phone as ..again.. the numbers are all the same.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  12. mogga

mogga Just me Electrician's Arms

IMO hold off purchasing just now till all the firms clear themselfs of "wee bugs" with the new ammendments we use Amteck and its great BUT there are a couple of set up things like it needs 2gb ram or preferably higher

13. Murdoch

I raised this point a few months ago and they said its in their "to do" list, so fingers crossed it'll get done as I do rate this package.