Discuss CG 2391-52 Gen Info Required in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

afternoon all,
Has anyone done this course recently ?
I start it a week Monday so thought I’d ask.
Pretty confident in passing but always good to hear others experiences.

Cheers
Done it three times piece of cake, if you know what you are about, if you get the chance take your own test gear.

I finished it last month, it's ok. You'll be fine, just study and do past exams you'll be alright

You'll have a multiple choice exam of 60 questions, you've got to get something like 48 correct to pass.

There's an 1hr 20 minutes written exam but don't stress about it. It's 6 questions with relatively short answers so you'll have plenty of time to finish it
Then you've got a selection pictures showing various faults that you have to code C1, C2 or C3, if in doubt code up from your gut instinct but tbh you can't fail this part unless you miss an obvious danger and they're all pretty obvious.

The practical exam is an EICR and an Initial Verification mixed into one with faults switched in. If you follow the standard testing procedure in guidance note 3 then you won't miss anything. The faults I had were open circuit on one of the phases in the Motor and I had a broken switch line and some dodgy readings.

To be honest the most time consuming part for me was filling out all the paper work for the condition report, you've got to code all the faults you found and find the applicable regs number. Made me realise I'm not as clued up as I thought :(

As much as I hate to admit it, it's severely watered down since the real 2391, you're allowed to take your books into the exams with you so you'll always have something to fall back on if you get stuck.

I finished it last month, it's ok. You'll be fine, just study and do past exams you'll be alright

You'll have a multiple choice exam of 60 questions, you've got to get something like 48 correct to pass.

There's an 1hr 20 minutes written exam but don't stress about it. It's 6 questions with relatively short answers so you'll have plenty of time to finish it
Then you've got a selection pictures showing various faults that you have to code C1, C2 or C3, if in doubt code up from your gut instinct but tbh you can't fail this part unless you miss an obvious danger and they're all pretty obvious.

The practical exam is an EICR and an Initial Verification mixed into one with faults switched in. If you follow the standard testing procedure in guidance note 3 then you won't miss anything. The faults I had were open circuit on one of the phases in the Motor and I had a broken switch line and some dodgy readings.

To be honest the most time consuming part for me was filling out all the paper work for the condition report, you've got to code all the faults you found and find the applicable regs number. Made me realise I'm not as clued up as I thought :(

As much as I hate to admit it, it's severely watered down since the real 2391, you're allowed to take your books into the exams with you so you'll always have something to fall back on if you get stuck.

I would love to pass my 2391 one day but just reading this I know I would mess it up and fail.

I would love to pass my 2391 one day but just reading this I know I would mess it up and fail.
I felt the same, it's not bad if you immerse yourself in it. I've lost count of how much money I've spent on inspection and testing books and how many hours I've lost bending a testers ears asking questions

Go for it, worse worse worse case is you'll have to resit one or two bits.

I felt the same, it's not bad if you immerse yourself in it. I've lost count of how much money I've spent on inspection and testing books and how many hours I've lost bending a testers ears asking questions

Go for it, worse worse worse case is you'll have to resit one or two bits.

Thanks Joshua.

Will defiantly look at this when I finish college. Top man on this forum gave me loads of material of which I read hrs daily, hopefully when I decide the time is right it should of sunk in more.

That’s because your human it might take two goes but that doesn’t mean your not any better at it than someone else it could just mean you didn’t have enough sleep the night before some of the best sparks I know failed their trade test first time around just made them more determined to be better and get everything perfect. And no before anyone says anything it wasn’t me!! I passed first time and haven’t done the 2391 yet but am looking to do it at some point this year so hopefully I’ll pass that first time too cause it costs a bloody fortune

Reply to CG 2391-52 Gen Info Required in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net