Discuss CH heating time clocks in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
wonder can anyone help, i have a danfoss 2 channel timeclock which was switching itself on, i had a grasslin towerchron QE2 2 channel time clock in boot of car and swapped it over but it just runs heating and hot water even before anything comes up on display screen.... i thought would be straight swap but obv not

any help or questions i should be asking myself would be appreciated....

Disconnect the two switched outputs from the clock and see if the valves close and everything shuts down,if so it must be the programmer or the way you have connected it.....or yes,you had a sticky valve all along.

Think the key thing here is, it comes on itself, which leads me to the programmer , dont ask why but thats what i think

dinner time

How did you confirm that the previous programmer was faulty before you replaced it? Did you test the system or just take a wild guess at what the fault was?

bumped into heating guy at work today, and he believes would be the valves before timeclock an told me you probably need to be there when hot water comes on by itself and said the micro switch could be sticking and if i hit it a bang would probably turn off again...

as for the time clock i tried to replace, he said if i got manual of the original timeclock it woulkd have direct replacements on back page, but he doesnt believe it would be timeclock...

bumped into heating guy at work today, and he believes would be the valves before timeclock an told me you probably need to be there when hot water comes on by itself and said the micro switch could be sticking and if i hit it a bang would probably turn off again...

as for the time clock i tried to replace, he said if i got manual of the original timeclock it woulkd have direct replacements on back page, but he doesnt believe it would be timeclock...
you just need a plumber then.

Reply to CH heating time clocks in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net