Discuss Change from site work to maintenance in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MUFC1999

I currently work for a contracting firm doing site work/new build but am wanting to change direction and try and get into electrical maintenance.

Am wondering if any one can point in the right direction of where I need to go to start this with regards to qualifications etc?

Any advice really appreciated.

I have already got NVQ Level 3 and 2391

Thanks

you have the qualifications, what you need is experience, you will have to hope someone out there will give you a chance, a man u fan I see?

then he's got no hope. ........ liverpooooooooool.

I was waiting for a reply from the op, hoping he would say yes, I have hilarious anti man u pictures which sums up their performances at the moment lol, ah well they will wait for another day haha

Yes a Utd fan. I've never suffered abuse like I have this season. Oh well, rough with the smooth.

Back on subject, any courses/qualifications that would aid any job applications in the future? I've seen a few posts asking for ventilation and air conditioning experience/qualifications.

Hi Manu, I work in building services as a Maintenance Electrician. Is it static your looking for or do you want a van? It's more corporate, than hands on graft and you need to be customer facing. A lot of office politics too. A good few companies I know that are looking GDF Suez, Cofeley, Balfour Beaty Workplace, Norland...good luck!

To be honest I just want out of the construction environment. Office skills probably aren't very good but something to look at.

I'll have a look at the companies listed, cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Reply to Change from site work to maintenance in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock