Discuss Change of career in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Obviously your iq can't be very high otherwise you would of read my original post and seen that I stated I was a fork lift driver.

Any way, the fuse in my house keep blowing every couple of days, it's doing my head in as I have cut some old extension lead up so I can get the replacement cable to replace fuse. When I was in b and q last I notice a fuse board on offer. So if I swap it with this one ( shouldn't take long and it's I only have to swap the front over) this means that when my fuse blows I can just reset it?

PMSL!!!!!!!! :ban:

Why didn't i think of that Trev! Good question pet.

Considering Inspection and Testing is classed as an 'add on' as in, qualification is not gained via an apprentership, and you can be classed as a qualified electrician without inspection and testing...2391 or 2394/2395 are roughly 10weeks courses...how can the 'add on' be longer than the electrical 'foundation' course?

Although, i'm guessing he'll try avoid answering it for a while. Lets remain patient.

IT Sparky, may I ask what qualifications are gained by the students on the 8 week course?

Yes Mate,

Have a look at my profile most of them are there, here's the whole list:

• EAL Level 2 for Domestic Electrical Installers (Part P Certificate)
  • 17th Edition City & Guilds 2382-10 Certificate in the Requirements for Electrical Installations (Level 3 electrician qualifications)
  • City & Guilds 2392-10 Fundamental Inspection & Testing (Level 2 electrician qualifications)
  • City & Guilds 2391-10 Inspection & Testing (Level 3 electrician qualifications)
  • NICEIC Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Certificate
  • Building Regulations City & Guilds 2393-10 Certificate (Level 3 electrician qualifications)
  • Design & Verification City & Guilds 2391-20 Certificate in the Design, Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations (Level 3 electrician qualifications)
  • PAT Testing City & Guilds 2377-12 Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (Level 3 electrician qualifications)
  • PAT Testing City & Guilds 2377-11 Management of Electrical Equipment Maintenance (Level 3 electrician qualifications)
  • Wall and Floor Correction Training (‘chasing out’, re-plastering and working with joists and block work)

8 week course supporter

You cannot comment on substance when unaware of that substance

If a short course is taken and is compared to recognised training routes, the end of the course should indicate the start of your long training period

Obviously your iq can't be very high otherwise you would of read my original post and seen that I stated I was a fork lift driver.

Any way, the fuse in my house keep blowing every couple of days, it's doing my head in as I have cut some old extension lead up so I can get the replacement cable to replace fuse. When I was in b and q last I notice a fuse board on offer. So if I swap it with this one ( shouldn't take long and it's I only have to swap the front over) this means that when my fuse blows I can just reset it?[/QUOTE]

You are obviously only on here to troll the forum. Next time you will be banned.

8 week course supporter

You cannot comment on substance when unaware of that substance

If a short course is taken and is compared to recognised training routes, the end of the course should indicate the start of your long training period
and i`d like to see the person that undertakes that little lot...in 8 weeks, understands what he`s just `learned`, digests it and then goes out and puts it into practice...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't i think of that Trev! Good question pet.

Considering Inspection and Testing is classed as an 'add on' as in, qualification is not gained via an apprentership, and you can be classed as a qualified electrician without inspection and testing...2391 or 2394/2395 are roughly 10weeks courses...how can the 'add on' be longer than the electrical 'foundation' course?

Although, i'm guessing he'll try avoid answering it for a while. Lets remain patient.

Are you referring to me? I would if I could understand what your saying?

Are you referring to me? I would if I could understand what your saying?

Credit where credit's due, and to my suprise you answered quite promtly to trev's question. Bravo.

To your course list...there is absolutley noway anybody can learn that in 8weeks. The course is a complete mess.

and i`d like to see the person that undertakes that little lot...in 8 weeks, understands what he`s just `learned`, digests it and then goes out and puts it into practice...
IT...your already gettin in my ---- fella....so do one will ya....

Living Proof, I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Im going now as i have a life to get on with.... See you later :nopity:

Reply to Change of career in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net