Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Changing careers and need your help in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Nitroalz

Nitroalz New EF Member

Hello guys, a few years back I had done electrical/electronic engineering (QCF) extended diploma L3.

Thought I didn’t have any passion until recently.

I know I will be needing to either do the C&G 17/18th edition (soon to find out what the difference is lol) and test & inspection.

From there, I’ll apply for an CSCS card.

That is my plan to be a fully qualified electrician.

Almost all employers I’ve looked at require you to have C&G 2330/2360.

I was wondering if my L3 in electrical & electronic is equivalent or would i have to undertake the C&G 2330/2360 course.

Is there maybe something else I’m missing to be a qualified electrician?

Any advice would be highly appreciated
    Thank you for reading!

2. Spaniel

Spaniel Woof

Hello, your plan needs a bit more chap. 2330 and 2360 are old city and guilds quals, to be a qualified electrician you will need 2365 level 2 and 3, the AM2 exam and a nvq 2357 which is practical and consists of building a portfolio to show competence whilst employed in the electrical field.

The 17th edition you mentioned is distinct from the 18th in that the latter has superseded it. Buy the book if your interested, it's reasonably priced and a real page turner .

To do test and inspect you'll need 2365 and 2357 first.

The path you are considering taking now will get you a labourers cscs but Defo not an electricians right away.

To be a proper sparks and not a boil in the bag will take you around four years and a lot of effort.

There are many posts on this forum with the same questions you need answering, do a quick search.

All the best and good luck!

3. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    I didn't have 2365 or 2357 before I got 2394 and 2395.

A better way of putting it might have been... "To become a fully qualified electrician and not a domestic installer will take you around four years and a lot of effort", conveys the same information without the insults!

4. Spaniel

Spaniel Woof

No offence meant. I respectfully retract the quoted comment....apologies SC.

Upon reflection nitroalz with an electrical engineering qual as a starting point 2391 would not be as difficult as it would be for someone who had just started their electrical journey and had less of a theoretical base to build on.

Engage brain before typing 100 times.... Engage brain before typing 100 times....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

As above states you will need other quals, sadly I don't think yours will apply