Discuss Changing Direction (alarm related) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkysmate

I did post this in the welcome section and someone pointed out it was best i posted here

Im simon from Birmingham,

Im about to do my part p so any help and info would be great on that, however what i would really like to do is get deeper into Alarm, Fire and CCTV installs in particular Fire, im kind of having a hard time where Alram Panels are concerned ie the wiring side of things but i think its because ive been thrown into the deep end with Galaxy and scantronix alarm systems.

The problem ive found is im quite good at the initial install, Cabling wiring up the PIRs and detectors etc etc but when it comes to actually finishing the Job ie wiring the panel i get moved on to start another job, ive asked and asked to work with one of the technicians to learn about the panels but to no avail. Moving on is an option but it's hard to find a company willing to take me on with relatively small knowledge, and im 40 to which doesnt help

Was never very clever at College on learning about resistors and their values (it bored me to be honest) and knowledge on this as you know is a must in the Alarm industry.
The installation side is not a problem as in PIRs and detectors but again start to struggle when coming across door contacts and the like

Thx Si

to be honest mate,its pretty dead in the alarm game as well,you could try some nationals(i heard swift were looking) forget about learning resistors,no one does it the old way reading colours etc,you just meter them,and if your fitting graded systems the resis's are built in anyway,the fact youve worked on galaxy should help,just write to every company in your area,you never know,but wages will be poor to start,its not the best paid industry to start with,and if you can get hold of a galaxy set it up in your garage and play with it till you know everything it can do,its the only way to learn

Reply to Changing Direction (alarm related) in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock