Discuss Changing light fixtures (wiring mess) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I personally didn’t think it was that bad, but then again I’m not a professional.

It may seem like everything is connected, but poor terminations can work loose eather when you move it to fix it up or later on due to expantion and contraction with the heat, vibrations etc.

It is these poor connections (which often work still) that can overheat due to high resistance and eventually cause a fire. It's less likely in a lighting circuit due to the low currents involved, but not impossible.

All in and secure.

Not all the earths fit in to the standalone terminal but they are all twisted together and taped with electrical tape. Is that going to be a problem?

This is the 4th ceiling rose I've installed, but ipf has put the fear in me given that this is in my unborn child’s nursery.

View attachment 43313
Seriously, that wiring is not to standard. Poor terminations cause fires. I'm sure it works but please get a sparky in to do it properly, it should literally take 15 minutes to make it safe. Maybe also get him/her to check the other wiring you've done previously as well.

not in this case. a house is 1 fire compartment in itself. .

Reply to Changing light fixtures (wiring mess) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all was having a problem with lights work one min not next took ceiling rose cover off to find a stray black wire only terminal free is the...
Replies
Views
I have 2 lights connected to 1 switch. I installed a led light fixture on one light, it had one red wire and one black wires. It was easy to match...
Replies
Views
Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m trying to change a pendent light, I’ve wired it the same as the previous light that was on there however the light is now permanently...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock