Discuss Charity work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Apart from mum and best mate the only free electrical work I do is for my next door neighbour who is 85 and lost her husband a few years back. She is of the old school and did not feel at all comfortable about not paying, so I had to point out that she was always taking in parcels for me when I was out so infact I should be paying her! She was happy then. :smiley2:

I spent 2 weeks in the summer on an International Girl Guide camp as one of the onsite electricians, pat testing thing and setting up marquee electrics, all for fun.

I collect and deliver donations for a womens refuge, the women and children are victims of domestic violence or abuse and generally turn up at the refuge with nothing other than the clothes they are wearing. I am one of a very few men allowed to know the location of the refuge. I have offered my electrical services for free but unfortunately they have a maintenance company doing all their work.

I don't do any electrical work for charities, I'm not reliably around during the working week, usually working away. When I am at home and at weekends, I'm on the boat crew for the local RNLI station. The hardest part of which is being dry for 1 week in 3 when I'm on call!

I collect and deliver donations for a womens refuge, the women and children are victims of domestic violence or abuse and generally turn up at the refuge with nothing other than the clothes they are wearing. I am one of a very few men allowed to know the location of the refuge. I have offered my electrical services for free but unfortunately they have a maintenance company doing all their work.
I did a job for a couple and the woman had started working in a refuge, well one day the husband went there to pick his wife up. So he knocks on the door and said I have come for my wife , the woman who answered the door said I bet you have then punched him knocking him of the door step, where he fell over then the first woman and her mate started giving him a kind king till his wife came out and stopped them
Ha ha ha

Me i do alot of work for our local guide house electrical and maintenance also our local ex servicemens and community hall been running a film night every two weeks since jan so every other saturday night and then theres the christmas market im responcable for the design and installation for the lights normally an 18 hour day and of course the little old ladies that ring you up because they cant get the TV working feel so sorry just cant charge them , infact guys if your on anglesey this weekend we have a charity film night in aid of the hall and the RAFA apeal https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...E_JAqXZrlzjzNT8_PVneIdQ&bvm=bv.75097201,d.d2s

In the past when my company was much larger we had a specific charity donation budget each year. There were positive tax and BEEE (don't ask, it's a SA thing) implications so the amount was quite large ie a few hundred thousand. The destination of the donations however had to be govt approved charities and NGO's.

Nowadays my company is much smaller and more focused. We don't get the same tax benefits and our turnover is less so the amounts are lower. It's not really a bad thing though because now there's nothing to stop us choosing the smaller local charities where a smaller amount can still make a big impact and more locally rather than national charities where you never see an immediate benefit. In the last few years we've funded an internet cafe for kids in our local informal housing area, also a local animal rescue group and we funded a place of safety for abused children and female rape victims in conjunction with our local police station.

Reply to Charity work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock