Discuss Chasing into engineering brick in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

like this?

Chasing into engineering brick upload_2019-5-17_17-21-19 - EletriciansForums.net
Chasing into engineering brick {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Glad the grinder did the trick..

Talking of engineering bricks...
I had a kitchen to do last year, with some of the hardest engineering bricks I'd ever seen.
4x 5.5mm SDS drill bits and 3 sets of Diamond blades on my chaser, you had to deburr the wall after running a cut up the wall.. There so much metal mixed in with some of the bricks you could literally stick a magnet to the wall.

I got there in the end, anyone else ever seen bricks like that ?

Glad the grinder did the trick..

Talking of engineering bricks...
I had a kitchen to do last year, with some of the hardest engineering bricks I'd ever seen.
4x 5.5mm SDS drill bits and 3 sets of Diamond blades on my chaser, you had to deburr the wall after running a cut up the wall.. There so much metal mixed in with some of the bricks you could literally stick a magnet to the wall.

I got there in the end, anyone else ever seen bricks like that ?
They where thinking a few years back to turn steel mill waste/dust into bricks for construction, known as waelz slag, maybe it was something similar from years back.

They where thinking a few years back to turn steel mill waste/dust into bricks for construction, known as waelz slag, maybe it was something similar from years back.
Could well have been. It was an old house, probably 1940s hopefully I won't come across them again, as it cost me £100 on diamond blades.

Could well have been. It was an old house, probably 1940s hopefully I won't come across them again, as it cost me £100 on diamond blades.
I have a wall in the house made of some sort of fibrous board that's been there years, took the death off my pad saw when trying to cut it.

There are many houses around where I live built from a light yellow brick known as a Marland brick, after the clay works where they were made.
These bricks are undoubtedly the world's hardest bricks, destroying SDS bits with ease, and causing diamond cutting discs to cook and warp.
There are black areas inside of them where a diamond disc makes next to no progress, with a black lava like substance oozing from the slot and solidifying on the surface.

Are the faggots for when you get hungry half way through the job?

What I'd like to know is where can you get a decent ------ these days?

Every butcher I try generally gives a response along the line of "there's no demand around here mate".

Every time I find myself passing through a new town I try to find the local independent butcher to check out there stock.

Does this make me a ------ tourist?

Reply to Chasing into engineering brick in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock