Discuss Cheap smart home plugs – same quality? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I found these smart home plugs (I need to put this link because there is no brand name: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078ZGZKHY/ref=twister_B078ZKJNYZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1). You can buy here 3 Smart home Plugs for £ 29 but why are they so cheap compare to others? Some brands want for one home plug £ 25.

Could u explain this to me? Because according to the reviews, the smart home plugs are good. And if they are not good, we just can send them back.

The brand is :- Xingfu (it's in the Amazon link under "Technical Details") and the same physical device seems to be available under a number of different badges as seen in the "Sponsored products related to this item" section of the web page.
There are only two reviews for the linked item both provided on the same date (11th Feb 2018) and if you follow the link to the reviewers' profiles they have both only reviewed one item.
Call me "suspicious" but that looks like they are reviews from someone profiting from the sale of the item!
I suspect they are far eastern imports, would you want to risk your home by leaving it unattended with loads connected by these?
(one picture has a toaster plugged in! :eek:)
... you could send them back, but would the time and effort involved be worth it?

if you are after smart tech.. wait a couple weeks until maplin have the fire sale of stock as they have gone into administration and are for time being still trading... at very least they will have a good sale off. Talking to guys in the bath branch they think the online part will survive but the high street aspect of maplins will likely close down. a shame as the guys are usually quite helpful and you can get the obscure components to repair things,

Hi, Thank you for your answer. To be honest, I didn't mean the seller, I meant this product in general because as you said, many People sell the same item but this one was the cheapest. This is why I chose that one. So I don't mean the seller or his reviews, I just mean in general this product. I bought now three of them and hope they are working. I will let you know.

The brand is :- Xingfu (it's in the Amazon link under "Technical Details") and the same physical device seems to be available under a number of different badges as seen in the "Sponsored products related to this item" section of the web page.
There are only two reviews for the linked item both provided on the same date (11th Feb 2018) and if you follow the link to the reviewers' profiles they have both only reviewed one item.
Call me "suspicious" but that looks like they are reviews from someone profiting from the sale of the item!
I suspect they are far eastern imports, would you want to risk your home by leaving it unattended with loads connected by these?
(one picture has a toaster plugged in! :eek:)
... you could send them back, but would the time and effort involved be worth it?

Reply to Cheap smart home plugs – same quality? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net