Discuss Cheap tools that work in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi
I use cheap cutters from screwfix at £4.99 used to be £2.80 last year . i prefer these to any of the dearer option they also cut 3.5mm screws cleanly .

http://www.screwflix..com/sfd/i/cat/62/p4174362_s.jpg

My point is ,, what other cheap tools have people found that they think are better than the top brand versions.

I know i said you get what you pay for , but sometimes cheaper is better

http://www.screwflix..com/prods/274...rs-150mm-6;jsessionid=YVUFS0KYTCPY0CSTHZOSFFA

Most of my stuff is cheap. I can't afford much decent stuff at the moment as still starting up on my own, and I'm brassic. I'd love to have all knipex and dewalt stuff but it's all academic - it's not how much you pay for your tools, it's what you do with them.

it's not how much you pay for your tools, it's what you do with them.

Even cheap tools if treated with respect will last for years, the most expensive if abused will be destroyed very quickly

I've bought cheap tools to last one job and years later they are still being used

I'm sorry it's you that has read my post wrong

I was making the point that longevity of any tool of any cost is proportional to the use / abuse of the user

The fact is that a lot of the expensive brands do budget ranges now

Last edited:
I'm sorry it's you that has read my post wrong

I was making the point that longevity of any tool of any cost is proportional to the use / abuse of the user

The fact is that a lot of the expensive brands do budget ranges now

No mate not questioning your comment , was just making a point that my post was to get a list of actual tools that i could look at buying rather than a general coment

I hope you dont cut through any live cables or have to do any live working with those cutters though mate.

they have gone through live cables,, and if i had to do mains work i have my other tool box of tools.

But day to day cutting of cables i rate these higher than knipex.

if you blow them up they are cheaper to replace and if u cut 3.5mm screws they dont damage the cutters, as with my knipex ones they have dents in the blade.

CAN WE GET BACK TO THE POINT AND SUGGEST TOOLS RATHER THAN FIND FAULT

I like them and was trying to help, when they were suggested to me i laughed. dont knock till u try

Sorry Eddie,I bought a silverline wall chaser about 3 years ago for seventy quid.I use it nearly every week and its still going strong with the original discs,paid for itself over and over again.

Sorry Eddie,I bought a silverline wall chaser about 3 years ago for seventy quid.I use it nearly every week and its still going strong with the original discs,paid for itself over and over again.

where did u get it have u got a link so i can look always after chaseing tools. i spent £250. on the full set of square hole cutters when they 1st came out . they are in my garage not being used( waste of cash u live and learn)

Dont know anyone who bought those box cutters that is still using them,good idea but they never quite worked properly.I went onto silverline tools website and got the name of their local distributer ,and then ordered it off him.

Nice. Ive been looking at them from, oh whoever it is who make beaver bits. Are they no good then?

The reason I asked is that yanks call stanley knives box cutters. I remember thinking on 9/11 'that's a fairly elaborate terrorist plot'.....

Reply to Cheap tools that work in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock