Discuss check a trade, rated people etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Paul117

Hi all

I have recently gone self employed and was thinking of joining up with one of the above. Does any body have any experience with these sites and if so how has it worked out for you with regards to getting jobs?

I have experience with rated people. Took on their free trial and ditched it when it ran out. Terrible quality of leads, expensive fees, total lack of security as regards my personal details, couldn't give a **** attitude from their help team.
Avoid like the plague.

Yes I agree all this bidding for a job what nonsense it smacks of desperation by the tradesman and great money spinner for the rated people salesmen

Just joined RP today after a week of emailing to get approved as web system was playing up and not accepting my ID. Tried my hammer and think its a pile of #%*t but after only ten minutes on RP today I scored a CU upgrade and a sub-board install. Will tread with caution but looking good so far.

I used rated people for a short while and found it 'quite good'. It depends on how you use the site, I tried to be the first to buy the lead and then ring the customer straight away. I was hesitant to be the 2nd or 3rd to buy the lead, however rated people did refund all of my purchase costs for the lead if I was unable to quote.

I believe they have recently changed the way they work though. It now becomes cheaper with the more ratings (4 or 5 star) you have BUT you are not able to claim any money back if the potential customer does not allow you to quote, or even if you cant get hold of them. Because of this I dont think i would use them again as I found this happened about 20% of the time!

Good luck..

one or two members have used mybuilder with favourable comments.

Tin hat firmly on
I think if you have got to use sites like those then something is wrong.
Either you are not very good at your job or you are not marketing your business properly, there is plenty of work out there for everyone, so I can't see a problem.
ok bring it on :95:

Tin hat firmly on
I think if you have got to use sites like those then something is wrong.
Either you are not very good at your job or you are not marketing your business properly, there is plenty of work out there for everyone, so I can't see a problem.
ok bring it on :95:

totally agree with you matey!

I started as a self employed Electrician 2 years ago. I think these sites work, but only if the model they use fits you.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to check a trade, rated people etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net