Discuss Check-a-Trade in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

How much do you currently spend on marketing?

I know 2 (plumbers) who were completely reliant on Check-a-trade for their leads and both now are struggling - they spend time doing countless quotes and the customers use and abuse them - then go for the cheapest price.

I'd avoid it if I were you.

£600 per year is a big spend!

they seem to be better than rated people, but then, death by hanging is better tan rated people.

Check a trade---check a trade .com, lalalalala- lala:37:

Hi Mike, have you been on the creamflow again Lol

They are just another unnecessary money spinner for someone else. What's wrong with a phone book, using the internet or even a recommendation from someone else. Tradesman managed over hundreds of years between them before these parasites came along to allow you to pay them just to quote a job.

Parasites the lot of them, you will spend all day chasing your arse for no return.
Get out Banging on doors if your short of work.

'paying to quote for a job'

can you explain how check a trade differs from any other from of advertising in this respect?

yup we do money grabbing parasites, there not bothered about quality of work and they want to pay next to nothing fir it.

pay peanuts get monkeys

erm whats peoples prices got to do with check a trade?

do yellow pages or the internet care about quality of work?

'paying to quote for a job'

can you explain how check a trade differs from any other from of advertising in this respect?

so unless I am wrong and please correct me if I am, but you "buy" a lead that someone has put on there, then contact them to go and look at the job to then quote for it in the hope they choose you to carry out the work?

so unless I am wrong and please correct me if I am, but you "buy" a lead that someone has put on there, then contact them to go and look at the job to then quote for it in the hope they choose you to carry out the work?

No its just a webpage that has a facility for a customer to leave feedback, customer contacts tradesman directly through email adress or your phone number.

erm whats peoples prices got to do with check a trade?

do yellow pages or the internet care about quality of work?

no but they just provide a phone number, these sites claim they vet and check all the registered trademans work. The customer can then leave a review for your businesses, please could you tell me why non of these sites have any negative reviews for them?

Reply to Check-a-Trade in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock