Discuss Checking Browser Problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

dksanders

-
Arms
Reaction score
Recently, every time I try to access the forum or move from one page of posts to the next, or to another thread, I keep getting the following message about checking my browser.

It's a real PITA as it really interferes with my browsing of the forum, taking ages to go through the posts. It also makes posting with a picture nigh on impossible as when I go to add the photo, it checks the browser again and won't accept the picture giving an error.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 17.09.54.png

Yes I have had problems of late. Can't upload pics is one of them. So I have booted linux (Ubuntu version) and seems the problems have gone to a large degree but not completely.

I think the upload issue relates to the security session (the bit about checking your browser) timing out.

I've had a couple of issues with uploading and I normally just refresh the page and it's all good again although I did have an issue with this when I was attaching multiple pictures. I uploaded one, it timed out (I got an error), I refreshed the page uploaded another and the first one wasn't working. I got around it by deleting them, refreshing the page and then uploading them both in quick succession before adding the links in the post and posting it quickly to avoid another timeout.

The checking your browser message relates to some of the services provided by CloudFlare that Dan is using to try and reduce the level of spam.

instead of clicking upload a file, a quicker way that seems to work and avoid the problems is use copy and paste for the image. I had the same issue as OP until somebody pointed the copy paste route out to me.

instead of clicking upload a file, a quicker way that seems to work and avoid the problems is use copy and paste for the image. I had the same issue as OP until somebody pointed the copy paste route out to me.

Thanks, I'll try that next time I need to post a piccy, but it's the checking delay that really annoys.

All of the above, and periodically an 'Error Message' warning window, which doesn't to do anything. I just click on another part of the web page and it goes away, only to come back a minute later, etc.

Don't find that Cloud Fare page annoying, if it stops the spam threads.

Ddos protection is nothing to do with spam. It's too stop people crashing the backend servers by sending large amounts of fake traffic that over whelm the cpu and network of those servers. Spammers can easily get through the same as the rest of us, because they are not relying on sending a gigantic amount of traffic, a 5s delay won't slow them down at all.

Ddos protection is nothing to do with spam. It's too stop people crashing the backend servers by sending large amounts of fake traffic that over whelm the cpu and network of those servers. Spammers can easily get through the same as the rest of us, because they are not relying on sending a gigantic amount of traffic, a 5s delay won't slow them down at all.

Ok, I'm happy the Cloudfare thing doing that then.

Incidentally, I had some Spam the other day, nice between two slices of bread, and a bit of mustard.

No it's not. The frequency of duplicate posts has increased but the issue existed long before the spammers started paying the site any attention.

Sorry I mean the ddos protection which is not too protect against spammers is causing double posts. The spam is a separate issue.

I'm sure the double posting things was happenig well before the DDOS software was installed.

Reply to Checking Browser Problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net